Social Worker (bi-lingual) – JAFCO Children’s Ability Center
Full Time: 40-45 hours per week. Afternoon/Evenings and Weekend hours required.
This person will function as a team member in coordinating services for children and their families under the care and supervision of JAFCO Children’s Ability Center for Children with Developmental Disabilities. The social worker will serve as the child and family’s primary advocate facilitating the best possible care and services available.
- Provide comprehensive information and referral for services within the South Florida developmental disabilities community.
- Provide counseling and case management services both in the office and in home.
Maintain case documentation including bio-psychosocial assessment, case notes, treatment plans and other reports based upon Medicaid, CARF, county and state standards.
- Facilitate support groups and parent education and behavior training seminars.
- Advocate for client by coordinating all community and professional services and eliminating barriers to accessing treatment including transportation if needed.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field, Licensed, and a minimum of 3 years direct experience and commitment to working with children who have a developmental disability and their families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Competent in Word and Excel
Clinical Supervisor, PA
This person will function as the Clinical Supervisor to the Clinical Social Workers who are coordinating services for children under the care and supervision of JAFCO’s family preservation, foster care, adoption programs.
This person’s job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing daily supervision, case consultation, support and training to the clinical social worker/case manager(s) in the family preservation, foster care and adoption, supervised visitation and other programs in the NE office
- Conducting all performance evaluations of clinical and administrative staff
- Overseeing all clinical cases managed by the agency
- Maintaining a personal case load as needed and providing clinical/case management services in home, in office and in the community
- Performing and overseeing work assignments to ensure that service delivery is performed according to the organization’s mission, policies and procedures, and service philosophy
- Responding immediately to all referrals and conduct intake assessments of all new cases
- Providing emergency support to clergy and educational leaders as needed
- Providing foster care and adoption pre-service and in-service training
- Developing and maintaining supervision tracking systems for all clinical programs
- Overseeing that all agency clinical client files meet administrative requirements, collecting and applying data to improve outcomes, ensuring that documentation is completed by clinical staff according to compliance standards and meeting the organization’s quality improvement and evaluation requirements
- Providing oversight and review of clinical treatment planning on all cases
- Training clinical staff on all relevant clinical interventions, child development and documentation protocol
- Responsible for maintaining standards and documentation for all agency licenses and accreditation and verifying all outcome measures for agency contracts.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling, or other degree in a related field in which the emphasis has been on Behavioral Sciences. Licensed Clinician by the Department of Professional Regulations. The Clinical Supervisor shall also have a minimum of two years’ experience in an agency or equivalent experience which demonstrates expertise in the clinical and supervisory areas
- A demonstrated ability to utilize oral and writing skills proficiency in the use of the English language including grammar, spelling, punctuation and composition. The Clinical Supervisor will also be required to have an ability to implement effective and efficient individual and group supervision of staff. The Supervisor will have working knowledge of human development and behavior, current therapeutic techniques (e.g., including individual, group and family counseling fields, behavioral analysis and intervention, systems analysis and intervention.)
- A demonstrated ability to address interpersonal barriers and strengths in personnel, empowering those receiving supervision, offer criticism in a constructive manner and understand employment and labor laws
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain credentialing to conduct individual supervision
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Must maintain Bodily Injury Liability insurance of $100,000 per claim, $300,000 per incident on their personal automobile when driving clients or their families.
- First Aid, CPR certification
- Required to be flexible in work schedule, evenings and weekends availability a must
Direct Care Staff
This person will provide a safe and structured environment as well as provide for the physical needs of the children receiving services from JAFCO.
This person’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide for the physical needs of the children
- Prepare, or arrange for, daily meals and snacks
- Maintain a safe and structured home environment
- Coordinate children’s activity schedule in the home and at the Respite Center
- Coordinate children’s transportation to extracurricular activities
- Accompany children to all activities and assist other staff in engaging children in the activities
- Supervise proper hygiene routines
- Supervise medication distribution and document appropriately
- Attend staff meetings and in-services as required
Physical Job Requirements: Must be physically capable of driving an automobile in a safe manner. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds, stoop, bend, kneel, stand/walk up to 4 hours, and be capable of continuous activity with children; must be able to perform housekeeping duties such as mopping and vacuuming large areas; must be physically able to participate in PCM training (Professional Crisis Management).
- High School Diploma or Equivalency and 3 years work-related experience
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record required
- Available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed
- Strong verbal and written command of the English Language
- CPR, First Aid and Water Safety Certification