Chief Accounting Officer
JAFCO is currently seeking a Chief Accounting Officer to define the process and implement the accounting infrastructure/systems needed to support growth over the next five to ten years. This person will continue to build and manage effective and streamline administrative/financial and accounting systems. This person will report directly to the Executive Director of JAFCO.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics
- Responsible for annual budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow
- Supervises one full-time existing Comptroller and Accounting Department
- Coordinate all audit activities with the Independent Auditor
- Attend Board meeting at the discretion and invitation of the individual Board Chairman or President
- Other duties as assigned
The Chief Accounting Officer will have at least five to eight years of professional experience, including managing the finance administration of a high-growth $10 million to $20 Million organization (preference given to nonprofit experience). This person will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly expanding organization.
The Chief Accounting Officer will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business Management, or Finance
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Technologically savvy, with expertise in Quickbooks, Excel (and Raiser Edge preferred)
- Flexible and self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to JAFCO’s mission
Part Time Behavior Tech/Lead Direct Care
This employee works under the supervision of the JAFCO BCBA to ensure the safety, structure and enrichment of the children receiving services at the JAFCO Children’s Ability Center.
- Behavior management and implementation of behavior plans
- Documentation of behavior and skill acquisition data
- Provide for the physical, emotional, social and recreational needs of the children
- Ensure all medical needs of child are met as directed
- Supervise daily meals and snacks and assist with feeding as needed
- Supervise hygiene routines
- High School Diploma or Equivalency; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a group setting working with children who have disabilities
- CPR, First Aid and PCM Certification preferred
- 15 to 20 hours per week: Weekends and some evenings (Flexible)
LPN-Respite & Family Resource Center
Part-time Licensed Practical Nurses to oversee and provide for the medical and physical needs of children with developmental disabilities.
Requirements: Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse with a minimum of three years experience working with children.
Direct Care Staff-Respite & Family Resource Center
Staff needed for per diem work as direct care providers in a residential setting caring for children with developmental disabilities.
Requirements: High School Diploma; Bachelors degree preferred; a minimum of three years experience working with children with disabilities in a group setting required.
Direct Care Staff – Group Home Program
Direct care staff provide care and supervision to ensure the safety and well being of children residing in our residential setting. Work as part of a team to help create a home-like environment and support the needs of the children.
Requirements: Must be 21; high school graduate; good driving record; a responsible,energetic and caring person who loves children.
This person will function as a team member in coordinating services for children under the care and supervision of JAFCO’s family preservation, foster care, adoption, emergency shelter and group home programs. The social worker will serve as the child and family’s advocate in attempting to provide and facilitate the best possible care and treatment available.
Requirements: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Family Therapy and two years direct experience working with children
Clinical Administrative Assistant
In this role the candidate will be directly responsible for supporting the JAFCO Director of Operations and Clinical Services and the clinical team with all planning, coordinating and administrative needs.
- College degree preferred, minimum of five years’ experience working clinical office setting
- Computer expertise in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel; able to adapt to working with other JAFCO clinical programs
- Strong organizational skills and abilities to handle multi-tasks simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with multiple generation levels
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for daily work
- Acquires, maintains and demonstrates current knowledge and competency
- Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence and quality improvement
ESE Teacher – Part Time Afternoon/Evenings and Weekends
This person will work with the client population of JAFCO offering special techniques and educational assistance to those who need extra support or require an advanced program of education in order to complete their learning successfully. This person may work with individuals who are physically disabled, sensory impaired (i.e. deaf/blind), have speech and/or language difficulties. Have a disability such as autism, are emotionally vulnerable, have behavioral difficulties or have a combination of these disabilities.
- Teaching Certification and or ESE Certification
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, prefer a Master’s Degree plus 1 year of practical experience
- Experience in programming and behavioral intervention with children with developmental disabilities
JAFCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace. Pre-Employment Screening includes: Fingerprinting and criminal background screening, drug testing, motor vehicle driver’s license screening, and reference checks. You must be able to pass all screenings to be eligible for employment.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the appropriate servicing human resources office.