Direct Care Emergency Shelter Overnight
This person will provide a safe and structured environment as well as provide for the physical needs of the children receiving services in the Emergency Shelter. Ability to stay awake during the overnight hours as required for this 3rd shift position.
This person’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide for the physical needs of the children
- Required to do bed checks every 15 minutes of all children in the shelter
- Ability to follow required intake procedure for overnight admissions to emergency shelter
- Ability to address medical concerns and/or manage child illnesses including administration of medication and reporting issues to on call supervisor
- Ability to provide a nurturing, caring environment for children exposed to abuse, neglect, and trauma
- Maintain a safe and structured home environment
- Supervise proper hygiene routines
- Supervise medication distribution and document appropriately
- Attend staff meetings and in-services as required
- Clean and maintain bedrooms and bathrooms as needed throughout the shift
Physical Job Requirements:
Must be physically capable of driving an automobile in a safe manner. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds, stoop, bend, kneel, stand/walk up to 4 hours, Ability to stay awake during the overnight hours as required for this 3rd shift position. Capable of continuous activity with children; must be able to perform housekeeping duties such as mopping and vacuuming large areas; must be physically able to participate in PCM training (Professional Crisis Management).
- High School Diploma or Equivalency and 3 years work-related experience
- Past experience working an overnight (3rd shift) with requirements of staying awake
- Completion of annual 40 hours of in-service training
- First Aid certification
- CPR Certification
This person will provide a safe therapeutic environment for both children and adults that will allow them to openly and freely express their feelings and work through issues of loss, abuse, abandonment and other family related traumas.
This person’s job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct an initial intake on all assigned clients
- Schedule regular therapy sessions as directed by the Director of Operations and Clinical Services
- Responsible for the maintenance of all written case notes as well as written treatment plans
- Responsible for maintaining and updating progress reports
- Communicate with school, psychiatrist, pediatrician, and other professionals working with the child
- Attend supervision and staff meetings
- Responsible for coordination and attendance of all psychiatric appointments for all outpatient clients receiving services through JAFCO
- Clinical on-call for emergencies; minimum of one week per month
- Assist as task supervisor for clinical interns
- Follow all Florida Child Abuse Reporting Rules
- Share all case related concerns with direct supervisor on a timely manor
- All other duties assigned by your supervisor
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Family Therapy
- Three years direct experience working with children and families
- License required
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Must maintain Bodily Injury Liability insurance of $100,000 per claim, $300,000 per incident on their personal automobile when driving clients or their families.
- Completion of 16 CEU’s of supervision in Clinical Social Work Practice for supervision of staff and interns
- 24 hours of MAPP training for prospective foster and adoptive parents
- PCM Practitioner II certification
Help Desk Representative
Maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet organization and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all organization standards, policies and procedures.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN)
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers, copiers and related equipment including business-related cell phone applications such as email.
- Maintains programming of phone system: adding and deleting new employees, updating holiday schedules and time changes.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades
- Maintains site licenses for department/organization
- Adding and deleting users
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff
- Operational support of in-house donor management software and in-house client management software including day to day operations, creation and maintenance of custom reports, and training users in its operation.
- Document IT related procedures
- Wireless network troubleshooting
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP through Windows 8.1
- Facilitate CQI Technology meetings
- Responsible for compliance to CARF and other Affiliated Agencies Technology Standards
- 4 year degree in related field preferred with 1-2 years of networking experience, or equivalent applicable work experience
- 1-2 years help desk experience
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers and related hardware and software
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Part Time Behavior Tech/Lead Direct Care
This employee works under the supervision of the JAFCO BCBA to ensure the safety, structure and enrichment of the children receiving services at the JAFCO Children’s Ability Center.
- Behavior management and implementation of behavior plans
- Documentation of behavior and skill acquisition data
- Provide for the physical, emotional, social and recreational needs of the children
- Ensure all medical needs of child are met as directed
- Supervise daily meals and snacks and assist with feeding as needed
- Supervise hygiene routines
- High School Diploma or Equivalency; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a group setting working with children who have disabilities
- CPR, First Aid and PCM Certification preferred
- 15 to 20 hours per week: Weekends and some evenings (Flexible)
LPN-Respite & Family Resource Center
Part-time Licensed Practical Nurses to oversee and provide for the medical and physical needs of children with developmental disabilities.
Requirements: Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse with a minimum of three years experience working with children.
Direct Care Staff-Respite & Family Resource Center
Staff needed for per diem work as direct care providers in a residential setting caring for children with developmental disabilities.
Requirements: High School Diploma; Bachelors degree preferred; a minimum of three years experience working with children with disabilities in a group setting required.
Direct Care Staff – Group Home Program
Direct care staff provide care and supervision to ensure the safety and well being of children residing in our residential setting. Work as part of a team to help create a home-like environment and support the needs of the children.
Requirements: Must be 21; high school graduate; good driving record; a responsible,energetic and caring person who loves children.
Clinical Administrative Assistant
In this role the candidate will be directly responsible for supporting the JAFCO Director of Operations and Clinical Services and the clinical team with all planning, coordinating and administrative needs.
- College degree preferred, minimum of five years’ experience working clinical office setting
- Computer expertise in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel; able to adapt to working with other JAFCO clinical programs
- Strong organizational skills and abilities to handle multi-tasks simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with multiple generation levels
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for daily work
- Acquires, maintains and demonstrates current knowledge and competency
- Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence and quality improvement
ESE Teacher – Part Time Afternoon/Evenings and Weekends
This person will work with the client population of JAFCO offering special techniques and educational assistance to those who need extra support or require an advanced program of education in order to complete their learning successfully. This person may work with individuals who are physically disabled, sensory impaired (i.e. deaf/blind), have speech and/or language difficulties. Have a disability such as autism, are emotionally vulnerable, have behavioral difficulties or have a combination of these disabilities.
- Teaching Certification and or ESE Certification
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, prefer a Master’s Degree plus 1 year of practical experience
- Experience in programming and behavioral intervention with children with developmental disabilities
JAFCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace. Pre-Employment Screening includes: Fingerprinting and criminal background screening, drug testing, motor vehicle driver’s license screening, and reference checks. You must be able to pass all screenings to be eligible for employment.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the appropriate servicing human resources office.