This person will ensure that a safe, structured and home-like environment is provided in the JAFCO Group Home while providing for the physical and emotional needs of the children residing in the Group Home. He/she will be the primary parent of the home and will be responsible to oversee the welfare of the children as a typical parent would do while on campus and off. The House Parent will provide support, training and supervision to the Assistant House Parents as needed.
This person’s job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and structured home environment for the Group Home Residents
- Oversee the adherence of schedules and responsibilities of Assistant House Parents for assigned Group Homes
- Provide for children’s physical needs by supervising them at all times and overseeing their daily routines
- Ensure that children have healthy meals and snacks each day according to an approved menu
- Ensure that children have clean and appropriate clothing each day. Report any needs of the children and insure the follow up of those requests
- Responsible for weekly management of food/supply orders for assigned houses. Taking daily or weekly food/supply inventory of each house. Providing food/supply order to Facilities Manager on a timely bases
- Coordinate grocery shopping for special occasions (i.e., Birthdays, Holidays, etc.).
- Ensure that Group Homes are clean and presentable at all times
- Coordinate recreational activities for the children
- Responsible for the all necessary paperwork for the Group Home including the following:
- Maintain monthly fire drill logs
- Monitor allowance logs and collect them monthly for the persons’ served file
- Maintain van inspection logs, mileage logs, phone logs, and visitor logs
- Complete incident report forms as needed
- Maintain daily living logs and summary of interactions forms
- Monitor weekly petty cash for the homes
- Prepare case notes as needed
- Coordinate children’s transportation to and from school
- Coordinate children’s transportation to extracurricular activities
- Work with Education Coordinator on all educational needs of the residents and assist with completion of homework as needed
- Supervise and assist proper hygiene routines
- Work with Group Home Program Coordinator with medication distribution and document appropriately
- Responsible to manage staff meetings and in-service trainings as required
- Ensure that proper staff coverage is maintained in the Group Home at all times
- Participate in staff hiring and review process
- Be available and flexible to assist with emergency scheduling needs
- All other duties as requested by Residential Director, Group Home Program Coordinator or Director of Operations and Clinical Services.
Physical Job Requirements:
Staff must be physically capable of driving an automobile in a safe manner. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds, stoop, bend, kneel, stand/walk up to 4 hours, and be capable of continuous activity with children; must be able to perform housekeeping duties such as mopping and vacuuming large areas; must be physically able to participate in PCM training (Professional Crisis Management).
- Minimum of High School Diploma, prefer College Degree and 3 years work-related experience
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record required
- Strong verbal and written command of the English Language
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Water Safety Certification
- Must be capable of becoming PCM Practitioner Level 2 Certified
- Available to work nights and weekends and holidays as needed
This role is responsible for provide operational funding for the JAFCO Children’s Ability Center and any JAFCO program through a variety of development efforts including special events, donor stewardship, corporate sponsorships, tours and presentations, parlor meetings and social media.
- Plan and coordinate special events including luncheons, gala, 5k run/walk, community awareness days, family events and other events with the goal of raising operational funds for the Children’s Ability Center
- Make public speaking presentations (and tours) on and off site to new and existing donors, JAFCO Chapters and other community groups to raise funds and awareness and build the donor base throughout tri-county area
- Provide follow-up and donor stewardship to retain existing donors
- Support development team with events at the Children’s Village as needed
- Post events daily on social media
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or a related field with a minimum two years related experience in sales, marketing, communications and/or event planning. Or Associate’s Degree with a minimum of four years related practical experience
- Written and verbal communications: ability to make formal and informal presentations, participate in meetings, write reports and correspondence
- Computer proficiency in the areas of word processing, database, spreadsheets and light desk-top publishing for flyers and invitations, etc.
- Knowledge of community resources and contacts
- Ability to plan and coordinate special fundraising events
- Database experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Social media experience with facebook and twitter
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate organizational and problem-solving skills, set objectives, do all necessary follow-up and provide timely and accurate reports
- Personal qualities – ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, to be flexible in handling changing priorities and be a self-starter, able to manage stress, excellent interpersonal skills, high energy, high stamina and quick recovery time following special events
This position is responsible for set-up, administration, maintenance and staff training for Raiser’s Edge database system and any other database systems utilized or acquired by the agency ensuring utilization of each system at full capacity in order to bring the highest level of efficiency and productivity to the agency.
- Manage the daily operation of all existing database systems, run reports and queries to support staff as requested, train staff, troubleshoot and research challenges with IT Manager and data base support team
- Donor database administration to include setting up pledges, data assignment, data cleansing, closing of fiscal year, adding new codes and merge letters; establish database user manual
- Clinical database administration to include selection of database, conversion of data from JADE, implementation and training of staff, reports, queries, forms
- Code incoming donations and process in database
- Process all credit card donations on terminal and scan checks to bank
- Ensure pledge invoices are prepared per agency policy
- Prepare monthly chapter reports and event lists for chapter presidents
- Responsible for supervising and training Database department as well as other users of the Raiser’s Edge system
- Maintain and update donors files and ensure database integrity
- Create a quality control process to analyze accuracy
- Assist with any fundraising events as requested by development team
- Answer phone, assisting donors and chapter volunteers
- Bachelors’ degree preferred or two years of experience working for a non-profit in a donor database management system or related field
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong business ethics for handling confidential information
- Able to make independent judgment decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments
- Advanced computer skills including database and query development and spreadsheet
- Availability to work offsite at events as needed, occasional nights or weekends
This person is responsible for creation and production of all promotional and fundraising materials for the agency including graphic design and copy, oversight of agency PR and branding.
- Production of semi-annual JAFCO printed newsletter and monthly email newsletter.
- Supervision of webmaster for website updates and emails
- Creation of compelling and emotional written content for brochures, website and social media
- Creation of all printed and on line materials for agency marketing including but not limited to brochures, pamphlets, event invitations and agency event materials
- Special event support ( place cards, signs, tent cards, posters, programs and journals)
- Maintain Media and PR Scrapbook
- Communicate with HR agency for press releases
- BA degree in Communications or Graphic Design plus a minimum of two years of experience in communications
- Excellent writing skills including grammar and proofreading skills
- Computer proficiency in areas of word processing, desktop publishing, , PowerPoint presentations, photo shop, in design, graphic design and web maintenance
- Ability to demonstrate organizational and problem-solving skills, set objectives, do all necessary follow-up and provide timely and accurate reports
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends,
- Extremely organized, task oriented, flexibility in handling changing priorities, to work as a part of a team and be a self-starter
Help Desk Representative
Maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet organization and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all organization standards, policies and procedures.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN)
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers, copiers and related equipment including business-related cell phone applications such as email.
- Maintains programming of phone system: adding and deleting new employees, updating holiday schedules and time changes.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades
- Maintains site licenses for department/organization
- Adding and deleting users
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff
- Operational support of in-house donor management software and in-house client management software including day to day operations, creation and maintenance of custom reports, and training users in its operation.
- Document IT related procedures
- Wireless network troubleshooting
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP through Windows 8.1
- Facilitate CQI Technology meetings
- Responsible for compliance to CARF and other Affiliated Agencies Technology Standards
- 4 year degree in related field preferred with 1-2 years of networking experience, or equivalent applicable work experience
- 1-2 years help desk experience
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers and related hardware and software
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Part Time Behavior Tech/Lead Direct Care
This employee works under the supervision of the JAFCO BCBA to ensure the safety, structure and enrichment of the children receiving services at the JAFCO Children’s Ability Center.
- Behavior management and implementation of behavior plans
- Documentation of behavior and skill acquisition data
- Provide for the physical, emotional, social and recreational needs of the children
- Ensure all medical needs of child are met as directed
- Supervise daily meals and snacks and assist with feeding as needed
- Supervise hygiene routines
- High School Diploma or Equivalency; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a group setting working with children who have disabilities
- CPR, First Aid and PCM Certification preferred
- 15 to 20 hours per week: Weekends and some evenings (Flexible)
LPN-Respite & Family Resource Center
Part-time Licensed Practical Nurses to oversee and provide for the medical and physical needs of children with developmental disabilities.
Requirements: Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse with a minimum of three years experience working with children.
Direct Care Staff-Respite & Family Resource Center
Staff needed for per diem work as direct care providers in a residential setting caring for children with developmental disabilities.
Requirements: High School Diploma; Bachelors degree preferred; a minimum of three years experience working with children with disabilities in a group setting required.
Direct Care Staff – Group Home Program
Direct care staff provide care and supervision to ensure the safety and well being of children residing in our residential setting. Work as part of a team to help create a home-like environment and support the needs of the children.
Requirements: Must be 21; high school graduate; good driving record; a responsible,energetic and caring person who loves children.
Clinical Administrative Assistant
In this role the candidate will be directly responsible for supporting the JAFCO Director of Operations and Clinical Services and the clinical team with all planning, coordinating and administrative needs.
- College degree preferred, minimum of five years’ experience working clinical office setting
- Computer expertise in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel; able to adapt to working with other JAFCO clinical programs
- Strong organizational skills and abilities to handle multi-tasks simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with multiple generation levels
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for daily work
- Acquires, maintains and demonstrates current knowledge and competency
- Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence and quality improvement
ESE Teacher – Part Time Afternoon/Evenings and Weekends
This person will work with the client population of JAFCO offering special techniques and educational assistance to those who need extra support or require an advanced program of education in order to complete their learning successfully. This person may work with individuals who are physically disabled, sensory impaired (i.e. deaf/blind), have speech and/or language difficulties. Have a disability such as autism, are emotionally vulnerable, have behavioral difficulties or have a combination of these disabilities.
- Teaching Certification and or ESE Certification
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, prefer a Master’s Degree plus 1 year of practical experience
- Experience in programming and behavioral intervention with children with developmental disabilities
JAFCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace. Pre-Employment Screening includes: Fingerprinting and criminal background screening, drug testing, motor vehicle driver’s license screening, and reference checks. You must be able to pass all screenings to be eligible for employment.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the appropriate servicing human resources office.